BASED AGRO ADVISORIES FOR THE STATE OF ANDHRA PRADESH FOR THE PERIOD
ENDING 08.12.2013 (Till Sunday morning)
During last three days light rains occurred at isolated places over Coastal Andhra Pradesh
and dry weather prevailed over remaining parts of the State. The maximum and minimum
temperatures ranged between 23-330C and 15-240C, respectively. As per the forecast received
from Meteorological Centre, Hyderabad, light rains may occur at isolated places over different
parts of the state during next three days. The maximum and minimum temperatures are likely to
range between 25-330C and 14-240C, respectively.
- Incidence of leaf webber and maruca pod borer is noticed. To control,
- Collect and destroy the webbings made by the larvae
- Spray Monocrotophos @1.6 ml or Chlorpyriphos @ 2.5 ml per litre
Maruca pod borer
- Spray Chlorpyriphos @ 2.5 ml or Novoluran @ 0.75 ml alongwith Dichlorovas @
1.0 ml per litre of water.
- If incidence of Helicoverpa is noticed, adopt the following measures.
- Arrange 10 - 15 bird perches per acre to facilitate picking up of larvae
- Arrange 4 pheromone traps per acre to monitor the pest
- Spray 5 % NSKE to kill the eggs and early instar larvae
- If incidence of thrips is noticed. To control, spray Dimethoate @ 2 ml per litre of
- To control bud rot spray 3 g Copper Oxy Chloride solution in the crown region of the
- Drench the nursery beds with Copper Oxy Chloride @ 3g or Metalaxyl @ 3g per liter
of water to control damping off.
- Prevailing weather conditions are congenial for incidence of Choanephora blight and wilt.
- spray Copper-oxy-chloride @ 30 g + Plantamycin @ 1 g in 10 litres of water twice
at weekly intervals.
- Drench the soil with Copper Oxy Chloride @ 3 g per litre of water.
- To prevent damping off in rabi vegetable nurseries, drench with Copper-Oxy-Chloride @
3g per litre of water.
weather conditions are congenial for the occurrence of
Hemorrhagic Septicemia in Cattle, Buffaloes and Black Quarter in Cattle.
ET in sheep.
To prevent the diseases, vaccinate the animals.
Source : Agro-Advisory given by ACHARYA N.G. RANGA
AGRICULTURAL UNIVERSITY Agromet-Cell